I am finally getting around to [sort of] recapping our Costa Rica honeymoon! It was such an amazing trip. I can't wait for traveling again with my husband in the future! He's the best adventure partner anyone could ask for.
1. GO HIKING! If you haven't figured it out by now, we love to hike. The resort we were staying at had amazing hiking trails that overlooked the bay.
2. ZIP LINE. This was my first time zip lining and it was such a blast. I would HIGHLY suggest doing this on your visit!
3. VISIT THE WALKING BRIDGES. We took a tour to the Monteverde region and went into the cloud forest. It was amazing. We walked eight bridges, many of which overlooked the tree canopies. It was also nice to get out of the heat for a day! Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable which made our trip even more fun.
4. SWIM! I prefer the ocean, but the pools are also nice for sitting back and enjoying a few drinks. The good thing is- there are options!
5. GO KAYAKING. The kayaking in Guanacaste is perfect, the water is so mellow! I wish we had a go-pro or something waterproof so we could have captured photos of us kayaking!
6. VISIT A COFFEE PLANTATION AND DRINK TOO MUCH COFFEE. That's pretty self explanatory. Their coffee is AMAZING and so cheap. I think you can bring something ridiculous like 30lbs in roasted coffee through customs? DO IT. Read more about the coffee HERE.
7. GO SNORKELING. Again, I desperately wish we had photos from this! The snorkeling was absolutely amazing!
8. WALK ON THE BEACH AT SUNSET (OR ANY TIME OF DAY REALLY). A mojito really makes it more enjoyable, I'm tellin' ya.
9. STALK THE LOCAL ANIMALS. So many animals! We saw iguanas, racoons, cats, a dog, lizards, birds, and so many others! I even touched this dude. Sadly, we didn't get to see a monkey, but we heard them! Definitely stalk a monkey.
10. TAKE PHOTOS OF THE NATURE. Let's be real... My husband took all of these. So this should be "watch your husband take photos of the nature."
11. ROCK CLIMB. I used to be a big indoor climber in college. Well, this experience showed me that those days are long gone because I was actually pretty terrified of this climb. But it was so beautiful!
12. THREE THINGS IN THIS ORDER: SAUNA, MUD BATH, HOT SPRING. The sauna opens up your pores, the mud bath is full of antioxidants and minerals that leave your skin feeling like a baby's butt, and the hot spring is SO relaxing afterwards. I would suggest enjoying a Costa Rican beer while enjoying this last step.
13. EXPLORE NEARBY BEACH TOWNS. We visited Playa del Coco (Coco Beach) which was just a short drive from our hotel. It was really fun to see the local culture and do a little wandering around town.
14. TRY THE LOCAL CUISINE (AND BEVERAGES). Yes we ate a lot of rice and beans, but we also discovered SWEET PLANTAINS (I can't even), and lots of other tasty food! Also, per Kelli's suggestion I tried a Dirty Monkey drink (similar here. use rum instead of vodka) and I really wish I hadn't because now I want them all. the. time.
15. BREAK DOWN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. Just kidding, don't do that. Trust us, it's not fun! Well.. unless you want to meet the local police that is.