I have a confession. I'm not a girly-girl. I don't like pink, I frown upon Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and I generally prefer jeans and a t-shirt to dresses. I grew up around boys which meant I played with dirt instead of Barbies and watched Power Rangers instead of My Little Pony. I tricked myself into thinking I was more girly in college because I started watching trashy reality TV and wearing dresses- but I think I'm still a tomboy at heart. Here's why:
1. I don't screech, squeal, or talk in a high pitched voice when I get excited. And I might actually roll my eyes at you if you do. Sorry, it's just a reflex.
2. I like whisk(e)y. Like actually like it. Most women think I'm weird, but the guys think it's cool. Because you know my main goal is to impress all the guys (jokes). I always liked it but I really started to love drinking it after living in Scotland a few months and drinking the best whiskey ever.
3. I frequently leave the house without makeup. I barely wear makeup to begin with, so it's not too shocking. However, I really just prefer the natural look, especially being a blonde. Some colors just overtake my face.
4. I rarely wear high heels. First of all, my husband and I are the same height so there are certain restrictions in place because of that. Second, I really think they just take too much effort.
5. I pretty much never paint my nails because I chip them within 24 hours without fail. Seriously, I'm just not delicate enough to make a manicure last, so I just don't paint my nails. HOWEVER-- recently, Loxa Beauty sent me some OPI Infinite Shine Gloss Top Coat to try and it has CHANGED MY TOMBOY LIFE. I might actually be a girl that paints her nails now because this top coat makes the color last FOR. EVER. No jokes. Mine lasted through five days of everyday life, swimming, weight lifting, and just being less than delicate generally. Check out my sidebar for a promo code from Loxa!
6. I prefer to be outside exploring to almost anything else. Seriously, even though I blog and that's girly in itself, you can typically find me outside on my bike, running, or adventuring.
7. I will pop a squat anywhere. Seriously, I'm pretty sure my husband hates this but A GIRL HAS GOT TO GO WHEN A GIRL HAS GOT TO GO. I've made him pull over on the side of the road countless times- oops. I also think I have a bladder the size of a pea but that's another story for another day.
8. When I was little, I busted both of my front teeth out. TWICE. I knocked out one while playing airplanes with my brothers and falling face-first into a coffee table and I can't even remember how I knocked the other one out, but it wasn't pretty either time. I was toothless for a while. Super cute.
9. My filter doesn't always work. I tend to say what is on my mind and tend to be a little more confrontational than the average woman.
10. My husband says... "You don't shower everyday." But this one might actually be more girly because WHO WANTS TO WASH THEIR HAIR EVERYDAY? Dry shampoo wins always. In reality though, I always shower on the days I workout so that's about 6 days out of the week. I promise I don't smell.
If you're interested in being a cool tomboy like me (I make myself laugh), you can check out this totally professional and super informative WikiHow post on how to be a tomboy yourself HERE.