I have this strange obsession with dry shampoo- and not only because I don't like to wash my hair. My hair is incredibly fine and becomes greasy within HOURS. Dry shampoo adds texture as well as volume to my hair, making it easier to style. Sometimes I will even take a shower, blow dry my hair, and still add dry shampoo- call me crazy.
My hunt for the best dry shampoo has been going on for a few years now. I have tried some stellar products as well as some total let-downs. Today I'm sharing my favorite (and least favorite) finds with you all. Each ranking is based on a combination of average price point and quality.
2. Batiste ($7.99). Although not top-notch quality (it's just average), I love this product because they have a ton of options. You can choose your dry shampoo based on the fragrance you prefer, the color of your hair, or the style you are attempting to achieve. This one is particularly great for extremely oily hair.
3. One Love Organic Powder ($12.00). I have to be honest and admit that I have not tried this product yet, but I have been stalking it for a good year. It's on the higher end of the price range, but has a lot to offer. Instead of a spray, it comes in powder form. A lot of aerosols can leave my hair feeling "weighed down" and I have heard that this powder is a great way to eliminate that feeling.
4. Detox ($22.00). This one would be higher on the list if it wasn't so pricey. Although it is a great product, there are others that are less expensive. One thing I have read is that it is a great product for darker hair as it sprays in more of a beige color then a chalky white.
5. Big Sexy Hair ($10.99). This dry shampoo is great for adding volume but I think it could do a better job of absorbing oils. Some of the cheaper dry shampoos seem to eliminate more oil, but definitely do not achieve volume like this one does. It's one of those dry shampoos you might turn to for a night out on the town instead of an all day look.
6. Dove ($4.99). This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE drug store dry shampoo. It works just as well as some of the more expensive brands and doesn't leave my hair feeling chalky and weighed down like the other drug store brands. I also love the natural fragrance it has- not too heavy or artificial.
7. Indie Hair ($15.00). If I had the money to spend on nice dry shampoo all of the time, this would be my go-to. It's incredibly lightweight and you don't need to use very much of it.
Order your dry shampoo through Loxa Beauty and get $5 off your order of $25 or more when you use the code "SAGE5"!
Did your favorite dry shampoo make the list? Looking for more information on other dry shampoos or how to use your dry shampoo correctly? Check out Amber's post.