1. Mindfulness. There are hundreds of types of mindfulness but some of my favorites include breathing practice and guided mindfulness. Check out this site for some free guided mindfulness activities. An additional type of mindfulness that always calms me down is prayer. Coming before the Lord with intentionality is always good for the heart.
2. Hot tea. This typically works best for me in the evening, otherwise I find it's just like drinking anything else. Some of my favorites include sleepy-time vanilla and any kind of green tea.
3. Exercise. Doing something light like yoga always has a calming effect on me. Sometimes high intensity cardio also does the job.
4. Take a walk device-free. Just be with nature for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes. It gives you an opportunity to connect with nature and recenter.
5. Lavender essential oil. Some of my favorite ways to use this oil are rubbing it on my chest or back, adding it to a hot bath, and diffusing it. Instant relaxation- especially if paired with some of the above techniques!
6. Write. Whether that includes journaling or blogging, find a way to put your stresses on to paper and leave them there.
7. Laugh. Put on a funny movie, youtube video, or just simply laugh with your friends or spouse. Even fake laughing can help relieve stress!
What relaxation techniques do you find the most useful?