Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review. I did, however, receive this shipment of clothes for free in exchange for an honest review of the Golden Tote services. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Golden Tote. Have you heard of it yet? Golden Tote is a subscription box similar to Le Tote, Stitch Fix, and Daily Look.
Here's the rundown:
First decide which size tote you would like to order. You can order a $49 (2-3 pieces total) or $149 (5-6 pieces total) tote. Depending on the size you choose, you either get to select one or two items to definitely receive. Your stylist will choose the rest based on your style and size profile, as well as any additional comments or requests you add! Then, you wait for it to show up at your door! Quick and easy! Something that is different from other subscription boxes is that there is only one tote sale per month.
I received the larger bag which included 6 items. Here's what came for me:
One of the items I chose to be included in my tote were these white boyfriend jeans. I have been looking for white jeans for quite some time, and these were perfect for dressing up or down! I love the jeans, but sadly they were pretty large in the waist. Almost a full size. I'm hoping that when I wash them they will shrink a bit!
Item 3:Item three was this blue top. I'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. I definitely would not have chosen it for myself, but that's part of the reason why I love clothing subscription boxes! I think it has grown on me now that I have worn it a time or two. What are your thoughts?
This was the second item I chose to be included in my tote bag. I have been looking for summery dresses that I can wear to work and this one was perfect! It was a little big but it has a tie at the waist that helps! I love the detailing on the top!
Given the option, I would have returned this item. Although I really loved the dress, it was WAY too big on me. I was able to synch it pretty tight with a belt, but it still did not fit comfortably.
Item 6:I LOVE this dress so much. It was a little tight around my hips, but I'm hoping it will stretch a little. Although the slits are a little too high to wear to the office, the detail on the back makes it a perfect dress for summer and dates in general!
1. If you're not interested in a full tote, you can also purchase individual items from the Golden Tote boutique.
2. You get to choose a few items you definitely want. If you just have to have another item you see on the website, you can also add additional items to your tote for an additional cost.
3. Considering each item is only about $26 a piece, the quality of the clothing is great.
4. I loved the style of each of the items. Each were also very versatile in terms of what they can be styled with and the types of occasions they would be appropriate for.
5. The website is functional and easy to use, and the customer service is excellent!
What I disliked about Golden Tote:
1. You cannot return items that you do not like or that do not fit well unless you return the entire tote. A few of the items I received did not fit well, unfortunately.
2. The majority of the items I received must be dry cleaned or hand washed and hang dried. I'm all about convenience so this isn't something I loved about the clothes. I'm also on a graduate school budget which rarely includes dry cleaning.
3. You don't get to give your stylist feedback about the items in your tote.
The verdict? I would probably give Golden Tote another shot!
What are your thoughts? Have you tried Golden Tote yet?