Lately I have noticed a plethora of slang words on social media. I'm not sure that any of them are "new," but they are just now starting to permeate my niche. That being said, there are a few I absolutely cannot stand.
1. [ON] FLEEK. Like... WHAT? Why can't we just stick with "on point?"
3. BAE. I'm not your bae.
4. BASIC. Pretty sure I would punch someone if they ever referred to me as "basic."
5. TURN UP. I haven't "turned up" since college.
Are there any slang words you can't stand?
Joining us today is Lauren from Lot 48. Lauren is full of good stories, has a great sense of humor, and is always REAL on her blog, which I always appreciate. BE sure to hop on over to her blog and check out her amazing wedding photos.
Hi everyone! I’m Lauren and I blog over at Lot 48! At my blog I like to write about anything and everything. My big passion is my "you are beautiful” linkup that happens the first Thursday of every month to promote self love and self esteem. I hope you will check it out and join in! I love writing and my dream is to be a screenwriter for comedy tv. I spent a semester in college interning in LA at two production companies. It was one of the best times of my life, other than doing a study abroad in london. I love blogging and love the community and all the friends I have made!
1. What are you passionate about? My relationships, my faith, and writing. My relationships, particularly my relationship with myself, is my #1 priority. Because if you don’t have a good relationship with yourself, then you won’t have good relationships with anyone. Self love is so important! My faith is also right up there, the most important thing that I have, the dearest thing that I hold onto. And screenwriting is my true passion, my trade, my skill. If that was my job, wow, that would be incredible.
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be and why? Play the violin. I have always thought that it is such an amazing instrument. It is so beautiful and has the most amazing sound. I have always wanted to learn.
3. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you? That I am figuring life out just like the rest of you. And I think we are a lot alike, as a human race. It’s kind of poetic how we are all bound together by feeling, by insecurities, by the same fears. Sometimes it may seem like I have it figured out, but I don’t. I am incredibly insecure. I try my hardest to act like I’m not, but I am. I really, really am.