I love blogging, I really do. However, just because I love blogging doesn't mean it doesn't have ups and downs. I have been thinking a lot about why I enjoy blogging lately and something that always helps me to clear my head and organize my thoughts are pros and cons lists. So today, I'm thinking out loud.
1. COMMUNITY, COMMUNITY, COMMUNITY. I love being able to connect with women in all different seasons of life. The blogging community is so supportive.
2. CONNECTING WITH BRANDS. I really do love working with brands that I believe in. I really enjoy learning about the hearts behind the brand and sharing an honest review with you all.
3. COLLABORATION. I find that some of my best content has been produced while working with other bloggers. I love fresh perspectives and new ideas.
1. NEGATIVITY. Phew. As I said above, I love that the blog world is mostly positive. However, I feel like it can be hard to face the negativity when it does arise, and it can definitely be hard to stay encouraged.
2. EXPECTATIONS. Some of my expectations are those placed on myself and some are those that I feel have been placed on me by others. There are so many expectations that you will have great and original content that is useful to others, a pinnable image, and a ton of time left over in your day to draw inspiration from other outlets.
3. PRESSURE. There is immense pressure in the blog world to do certain things a certain way. Pressure can be discouraging and can lead to writers block, frustration, and a lack of authenticity.
What are your blogging PROS and CONS?