PREP TIME: 5 minutes
"COOK" TIME: 12 hours
TOTAL TIME: 12 hours and 5 minutes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Coffee beans (or ground coffee beans)
Room temperature water
Filter of some sort
1. Grind up your favorite coffee beans. In this recipe, we used 6 tablespoons of whole beans. You can adjust this depending on the amount you are making and how concentrated you would like the coffee to be. This can take some trial and error. In my opinion, it's better to make it too strong because you can always add water at the end!
2. Add grounds to some sort of container. I used a glass mason jar.
3. Add room temperature water until you reach your desired ratio. We used about 16oz in our batch, but again this can be adjusted depending on preference.
4. Seal off the container. We used saran wrap with a rubber band to secure it.
5. Let the coffee sit out on the counter about 12 hours.
6. After 12 hours, you will need to locate your filter and another container to store the cold brew in. We use sock filters (although those are disposable above in the photo) and our Chemex. However, you can also use a basic coffee filter. Pour the cold brew + grounds over the filter and into your storage container.
7. Once you have filtered out all of the coffee, it's ready to enjoy! Simply add ice and water and you are ready to go. I'm a purist and don't usually add anything extra, but feel free to add your favorite creamer or sweetener!
Please remember that this is a cold brew CONCENTRATE and it will be very strong when finished. It is meant to have water added. Store your cold brew in the refrigerator for up to three months!
What's your favorite way to drink coffee during the summer?