I found a - oh what do you call, you know that thing that is so rare that no one ever finds?? What is that called?! Totally escapes me this for this post. Well whatever the name is, I found it.
I found a Pinerest. Win.
Rare and elusive - but I did it.
I found this pin on pinterest a few weeks ago and was like okay, I can do this. The recipe didn't require any crazy baking tricks. It's just cookies and regular ol' baking.
Also, did I mention - there are only five ingredients. FIVE INGREDIENTS!
4 ounces of softened cream cheese (so half a block
8 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of flour
10 broken oreos (I crushed half into oreo dust)
1. Beat together softened cream cheese and room temperature butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and beat well.
3. Slowly mix in flour until just incorporated.
4. Fold in oreos.
5. Cover in a bowl and let refrigerate for at least and hour, up to two hours.
While you wait, go watch some netflix - because we all have a little bit of netflix to catch up on.
Did you catch up on House of Cards yet? Okay good.
Continuing on with the how too.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grab the bowl of deliciousness out of the fridge.
7. Using a spoon - or an ice cream scoop like I did - and start scooping your cookies out. Roll them into balls and slightly press down.
8. Bake for about ten minutes - just until edges are starting to get golden. These cookies are very ooey gooey reminiscent - meaning they will be soft. Let the cookies set up a little bit and then move them to a cooling rack.
9. Eat and enjoy!!!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and that I see you around my neck of the woods! You can always get at me on twitter on and facebook!!