Since moving to the Midwest I have raced in a variety of locations like Tulsa, but I have never raced in Missouri (at least not outside of mid-Missouri where I currently live). So in June, I'm headed to Kansas City for the Hospital Hill Run! This is a really well known race with a lot of history. I'm really excited to share more about it with you.
The hospital hill run has a 5K, 10K and half marathon!
Here are some fun facts I recently learned about the Hospital Hill Run:
1. It's the oldest race in Kansas City! 2016 will be its 43rd year!
2. There are 6 named hills in the half marathon course and 4 in the 10K course. These hills are something conquered with pride! People return each year to race these hills. I'll let you in on a little secret: I HATE hills, so I'm basically terrified.
3. The swag is SWEET:
4. They have a "re-run" where you can run the 5K on Friday and the 10K or half on Saturday.
5. Each race gets a medal and the re-run gets you 2 shirts, 3 medals, and 2 post-race parties. I mean, CAN YOU BEAT THAT?!
6. The race has FREE PARKING. In a city like KC, that's a HUGE perk.
7. There are a BUNCH of post-race parties including a family-oriented party Friday complete with balloon animals, face paint, and BBQ AND a Saturday party that includes a pancake breakfast. I mean, only thing runners like more than pancakes post-race is beer. So, it's basically a win-win-win.
8. I hear the course is wonderful!
Don't miss these upcoming events:
Fun Run at the Westin Crown Center (Thursday, April 7 at 6:30am)
Free Diva's Clinic at Fleet Feet (Thursday, April 7th at 7:00pm)
The next price increase is May 15th! Not interested in running? Consider being a volunteer!