If you've been around here for some time you know that I LOVE Louisville. I'm super excited to be going again this October to run in the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon (Pssst code "BourbonRave2016" gets you 10% off!). I would love if you would join me! I hear there is going to be awesome swag and some even more awesome bourbon tasting.
While I am there I hope to do some of the following:
1. VISIT THE MAKERS MARK DISTILLERY. You can dip your own bottle and go on a tour! See more from the last time I went HERE.
2. BOURBON BASH ON BELVEDERE. This is a part of the race weekend festivities and I hear it's a big hit. At the Bourbon Bash on the Belvedere race participants can enjoy a sampling of bourbons from various distillers along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, Bearno’s Pizza, Falls City Beer, and plenty of prize and photo opportunities. The popular local band the Louisville Crashers will perform. You can learn more HERE.
3. EAT ALL THE THINGS. Last time we went we LOVED Silver Dollar and Hammerheads. I hear some other great eats include Havana Rumba, Harvest, Feast BBQ, and LouVino. I'm constantly adding to this list so if you're a Louisville local/fan, tell me more in the comments!
4. RECOVER WITH A WALK IN WATERFRONT PARK. You'll catch some beautiful views here and I hear there are always fun events happening throughout the year. The course runs right by it but it's definitely worth spending more time there and walking the bridge if you have time (You can straddle Kentucky and Indiana!). I hear they also rent bikes during the nicer months of the year if that's more your style. Read more HERE.
5. CHECK OUT THE FALL COLORS. I hear October is a great time to see the leaves changing at some of the local parks. I think the above photo from the Urban Bourbon course says it all.
Have you ever been to Louisville? Tell me more!